To all new and existing patients
When you attend the practice in future, you will notice that we have implemented some changes. These are for the benefit of staff, patients and the wider community.
We ask you to read the following information. When you attend the practice, you will be expected to follow this guidance – failure to do so will result in us not being able to provide dental care for you.
If you have any of the symptoms below, please do not attend the practice:
• A persistent cough;
• A high temperature;
• Loss of taste/smell.
Please call us on 01792 701440 and we will reschedule your appointment.
An appointment will be required to enter the practice. Please call us on 01792 701440 to arrange an appointment before you travel. You will NOT be allowed to enter the practice without an appointment.
• We will limit the number of patients entering the practice at any one time.
• Appointments will be carefully scheduled to ensure that only 1 patient is present in the waiting room at any one time.
• The entrance to the practice will be controlled by our practice ‘greeter’. They will control the access to the practice and the exit of patients from the practice. They will ask you to remove gloves (if worn) before entering the practice and will dispense hand gel to minimise the risk of transmission of infection.
• Where possible, patients will go straight to the surgery and not utilise the waiting area at all.
• Patients should arrive only a few minutes before their allocated appointment time to prevent unnecessary waiting times and again reduce the number of patients present at any one time.
• Please follow the instructions on the signage in the practice.
• Hand sanitisers are present at the entrance door and in the waiting/reception areas.
• Respiratory/cough hygiene should be observed by all patient/carers. Disposable tissues will be available to cover the nose and mouth when sneezing, coughing or wiping the nose, ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it’.
• There are markings on the floor to indicate safe distance locations.
• All magazines, leaflets, plants, literature, children’s toys etc have been removed from waiting and reception areas.
• Patients should attend the practice by themselves where possible, patient escorts should be asked to wait outside the building wherever possible.
• Consent will be obtained at reception and then the parent/guardian will be asked to wait outside where possible. We will exercise clinical judgement as to what is appropriate.
• The use of prams/pushchairs to be avoided where possible.
• Patients should only bring necessary items into the practice e.g. no shopping bags.
• Contactless payment options should be used where possible.
• We are encouraging online form filling where possible prior to appointments. The forms will be securely emailed to you so please make sure we have your correct email details.
• Treatment plans will be emailed where possible.
• Receipts will be emailed to the patient where required.
• Our reception staff will be wearing PPE .
• Time spent at reception should be kept to a minimum.
• Regular cleaning of the waiting and reception area will be done.
• We advise patients to use the bathroom before setting off for their appointment – the practice toilet should only be used by patients when absolutely necessary.
• Sufficient hand washing and hand drying products are made available.
• Patients must inform us when using the facilities to ensure that they are accounted for in the number of patients present in the practice at one time.
• Only required items should be present in the toilet facilities.
• Door handles/door locks will be cleaned following use.
This guidance will be modified as required. We would like to thank you for your co-operation, patience and understanding during this difficult time.